cPanel refers to a graphical control panel that aims to manage your website and hosting account easily and promptly. It is designed to deliver you a full control over a variety of functions for streamlining vital processes such as managing online files, monitoring bandwidth used, creating databases, and setting up e-mail accounts. Today, it has grown to become the most popular control panel for Web hosting, running millions of sites across the world.
Regardless of whether you are managing one or more than one servers or sites, cPanel’s user-friendly point-and-click interface facilitates quick customization of Web hosting services as per your needs. Through such an interface, it simplifies many routine Web site management tools.
The functionally friendly panel is developed on a three-tier structure for rendering usability to the Web site owners, resellers, and administrators to control the various sections and functionalities of their Web sites through any standard web browser. Even the Web site owners rely on cPanel completely for managing their site’s databases, applications, e-mail accounts, files and folders mostly via FTP, and security.
The features inside the cPanel tend to automate the processes that are otherwise known manually in case of a few hosting services. Below are these features discussed, which you can access through its tool-based interface.
- E-mail Management: Allows creating e-mail accounts and managing their passwords, space, aliases, forwarders, filters, delivery route, authentication, mailing lists, custom filtering, and auto responders. While the Webmail feature allows viewing mails from any browser, the SpamAssasin and filter tools allow controlling unwanted messages.
- File Management: Allows editing, moving, creating, and deleting your files with the File Manager online. It also facilitates managing FTP accounts and sessions, configuring and downloading daily backups for keeping data secure, and tracking disk space usage.
- Database Management: Allows adding, modifying, and deleting MySQL databases in just a few minutes. Further, it offers phpMyAdmin, a strong graphical user interface for administrating MySQL databases in a web-based environment.
- Domain Management: Allows adding or removing subdomains, creating redirects, viewing statistics for subdomains, and setting e-mail accounts for them. Subdomains are separate accounts with unique URLs under your master account. They are much in demand for establishing branding and focusing on unique product lines.
- Softaculous Script Installer: Allows installing Web applications and hundreds of scripts in just a few clicks. Several applications are available for installation such as Content Management Scripts (CMS), blogs, e-commerce shops, web portals, and forums. The auto installer streamlines the designing process for building sites faster and easier. Moreover, Softaculous comes with better security, because it is pre-configured with relevant settings.
- Security: Comes with proactive tools to keep servers locked and secure from unwanted visitors as well as sites running. Tools include SSL/TLS Manager, Mail Scanner, HotLink Protection, Leech Protector, IP Deny Manager, and GNUPG keys.
- Site Tools: Include Add-on Domains for hosting multiple domain names, password protect page, Custom Error Pages, Index Manager, Search Engine Submit Tool, and improved online FTP.
- Site Statistics: Allows viewing latest visitors, bandwidth usage, and error log.